New card cancelled ?

Options
Evening.

I recently took out a Barclay card to consolidate 2 existing cards i have.I'm in no means in a desperate situation, i just took it to be a bit more savvy with regards to interest payments.

So i get the card Friday and i phone to activate the card. Strangely when i phoned the automated number it told me it had already been activated.

Tonight i looked into transferring the balance over and it wouldn't let me. Phoned the helpline, was told to phone another line, which then told me to phone original line. Then i was told that the account had been cancelled, No reason given. Nor did he say was i obliged to get one.

Not having used the card, and being accepted previously. I've no idea why this would be the case. Is this a common thing? Im now left feeling like ive done something wrong. I'm up to date with all payments and have been for years.

Will it effect my credit rating? is there anyway to find out why this has happened?

Thanks

SJ

Comments

• PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    fraud maybe?
  • skinjive
    Options
    Card showed up bonded to envelope. Nothing untoward on the balance. (i can still log into the account on-line)

Just bemused by it all.
  • thecableguy12
    Options
    i would get a copy of your credit file and check if there are any issues, I have heard of this happening before, It should not really affect you credit rating, you could try writing to them, it could have passed on the auto credit search online then afterwards somebody there may have had a manual look at it then decided to cancel
    Aqua card - £250 Limit up to date, Jd Williams £150 limit up to date, Argos store card £400 limit up to date, Next £300 limit up to date.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure