🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Best Credit Card for Overseas use

Options
Hi,

I wanted to get some opinions on the best Credit Card for overseas use.
I previously had an Abbey Zero card as this has no charges for cash withdrawals overseas but this is no longer available.
The Sainsbury's Gold card doesn't look bad but I'm not keen on the £5 monthly fee.

I'd appreciate some opinions on this but for me no charges for cash withdrawals is the most important factor.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You won't get a card with zero charges on credit as that's borrowing money.
    Halifax Clarity charges only interest at 12.9%.
    If you pay back quickly this is very low e.g. 2 weeks is 0.5%.

I am pretty sure no one will lend you money for absolute zero on a credit card (it's not like you are withdrawing your own money you are borrowing it).

If you are talking very short periods then I'd go with the Halifox Clarity as it's very cheap for short term loans.
  • livi.till.i.die
    Options
    There is another option. Take out a Cashplus pre paid gold mastercard. After 4 weeks having that you can apply for a free Euro Card that you top up yourself before you go. It doesnt charge you anything to make purchases in Europe or cash withdrawls. Thats the only card that I know charges you nothing for using it overseas. Sorry if you were only talking about normal credit cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport