Cash Clearance Time on a Natwest Credit Card

Options
Does anyone know how long it takes for a cash payment to clear on a natwest credit card? I went into the bank to pay some money off my card on 21st September and I'm still waiting for it to be taken from the card's balance!

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,639 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There's definitely something wrong.
    Did you get a receipt?
  • neopagan
    neopagan Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    lisyloo wrote: »
    There's definitely something wrong.
    Did you get a receipt?

Yeah, I got a receipt so perhaps I'll give them a call.
  • londoner1998
    Options
    This might be unrelated, but about a week or so beofre the OP made his payment, I made a cash paymnet into my current accoutn with Natwest, and got a receipt (via the cash deposit facility on the cash point in branch) A couple of days later it still didn't show up on my accoutn so I went to see them- straight away they looked into it and told me there had been a problem with cash deposits that day and I was the third person with that problem to turn up that morning- straight away they credited the money in my account and apologised profusely ( I must admit, it was first class customer service this time)... OP probably suffered a credit card version of this- should go and enquire asap , presenting the receipt, shoudln't be a problem getting the money.

A
  • londoner1998
    Options
    Actually, no, it wasn't the week before, it was the day before...something is obviously not up to scratch with the systems...
  • crabbity_witch
    Options
    If you read your statements - and to be honest I am sickened and appalled by the number of people that just don't bother - it will say on them. It will also say on the terms and conditions, you know - the ones you read, then signed to say you'd agreed to and gave your consent to be bound by.
  • mab2000
    mab2000 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    I think there is something wrong with Natwest credit card payment clearances at the moment. I paid my 2 cards off yesterday during the day using on line Natwest Banking (faster payments). They always clear the same day and my on-line banking shows the new balance the day after, but today, the balances have remained the same and no sign of my payments hitting my accounts except for my available to spend being adjusted accordingly to my payments. So I think something isn't right at the moment.
  • Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm...Cash should credit straightaway and show up a few days later if you paid cash over the counter. AFAIK it still says "Faster Payment received" even though it was cash.

If this didn't happen, I'd take it up with the branch.

@Mab2000 - Your credit card balance hasn't updated most likely because it is a weekend - I'd give it until Tuesday. :p
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • mab2000
    mab2000 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    Twister84 wrote: »
    Hmmm...

@Mab2000 - Your credit card balance hasn't updated most likely because it is a weekend - I'd give it until Tuesday. :p

Well I always pay my Natwest cards on the Friday when its payday using faster payments and the balance always changes the next day except for this month, so I don't think it's anything to do it being the weekend at all.
  • Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mab2000 wrote: »
    Well I always pay my Natwest cards on the Friday when its payday using faster payments and the balance always changes the next day except for this month, so I don't think it's anything to do it being the weekend at all.

Sorry, I seemed to have overlooked the bit where you mentioned that you paid your credit cards off yesterday - this would have made it Friday 1st October. (For some odd reason, I thought you'd paid them on the Saturday)

Either way, have the balances updated now to reflect your payments?
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • Bonjo
    Options
    It's 3 working days. The first day being the day you made the payment so should have hit your card on 23rd.
    From an ex-NW worker :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport