NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Super balance transfers

Hello, lost track a little bit on the old stoozing front over the last eighteen months or so. I wonder if anyone could tell me whether those wonderful Super balance transfer opportunities are still out there if you look hard enough? We're looking to do some home improvements but don't want to lump it on the mortgage (not yet anyway). I currently have an egg card (which I super balance trasferred £6000 on eighteen months ago). I haven't used the card since I paid it off a year ago. Cheers

Replies

• BisoyBisoy Forumite
    873 Posts
    Hi muzer,

There are still a few SBT cards and AFAIK Egg Money is the only one that don't charge any BT fees. So you could either ring egg and ask if you could upgrade or change to an egg money card to avoid any searches or they will ask you to have another application. But worth a try who knows... and if you have a good credit rating you might still get the egg money card. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum