NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Can you go further back than 6 years

My husband has had a Natwest CC since he was 18, hes now 32, he's had charges applied and I am going to try and reclaim them back, the card is still active and is included in a DMP at he moment with CCCS, Can he go further than 6 years, will this be provided in the SAR?

tHANKS

Replies

• Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    He can request whatever he wants in the SAR but they can only provide details they currently hold. I don't know how long they retain records, but ask for for all details going back 14 years and see what they send.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • I don't think you can as the statute of limitations is only 6 years so in the event you are successful you can only enforce payment from them up to the 6 year point.
  • halphyhalphy Forumite
    593 Posts
    Ok Thanks everyone, Ill request SAR for as far as I can go back and see what happens!

Cheers
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Good luck Halphy

I know some have been lucky to receive all data going back into the 90's even earlier.
    Fingers crossed.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Good luck Halphy

I know some have been lucky to receive all data going back into the 90's even earlier.
    Fingers crossed.;)

The data is not the issue here - they may well have it going back further than 6 years and may even pass it over to the op. Its just following on from that - he is unlikely to get any refund further back due to the SOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals