NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm
I have tried to reclaim bank charges and bank said no.

Gone to FOS and they have said no (twice)

Referred my complaint for a review and again no.

They have said thet will re-review if I want them to and if I can supply any info not supplied already.

Any help on what I can put?

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    110K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Any help on what I can put?

Since the court case, the FOS are automatically rejecting any complaints on bank charges unless it is due to incorrect application of charges or financial hardship.

What reasons do you think you have for them making a special case for you?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I have claimed financial hardship due to problems making payments on everyday items... I am a discharged bankrupt. They charged £1036 in fee's.
  • Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    The bank said you no, The independent ombudsman said no.

There's no where else to go. They either don't accept your claims of financial hardship or don't accept the bank has not given you a positive and sympathethic approach to your situation.

There's no obligation to refund bank charges, even if in financial hardship.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals