How long to get your photos?

Options
I'm really calling on any brides who are still lurking while the rest of us plan! We're trying to narrow down between 2 photographers and one of the things I wondered about is the time to get hold of a CD/DVD of your photos. One is saying 10 days, the other about a month, though we know the second one does do a lot of editing plus his photography is a second job, he has another full time job.
How long did you have to wait to get hold of a disc of your photos? What's generally considered reasonable, or does it really depend on the amount of work being done on them?

Comments

• Savvy_Spender_South
    Options
    take the second option. 5 years down the line your frustration over waiting 2 weeks will be a memory, but your dvd of quality edited pics will be as fresh as the day it was delivered.

Be patient, capturing the event needs to take as long as it does to ensure you have the best record later.

Good luck.
    Marry a Foreigner, its so much cheaper!
  • bubble96
    bubble96 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    yeah, i would agree, ten days is exceptionally quick rather than a month being long. i work full time as well as do photography and it takes me a month for weddings, so i would say either the 10 day guy isnt very busy or he doesnt do much to his photos - not that this is a bad thing because it may be because hes technically so good he doesnt need to do much, but even so it takes time to process. Go for whoever you like the best and dont let the time factor sway you either way, instead let it be based on their work you have seen and how well you got on with them.
    getting married: 02/10/10
    weight loss goal: 2st
    lost so far: 11lb
    (and the dress fits!)
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've spent the last few hours just looking over their work and have actually come down with the 10 day guy. We think we may have misunderstood and that he gets a preminary disc to us quickly but the finished article comes later. The more we've looked at his stuff the more we like it....if he takes them with no work then he really is a genius, so either way we like it! It was really hard as liked both guys, their prices were the same...this guy has been doing weddings longer and also has experience of doing the zoo, and coupled with the photos themselves we eventually plumped for him. I suppose it's a nice position to be choosing between 2 people we liked!
  • rrf494g
    rrf494g Posts: 371 Forumite
    Options
    but also check out what rights you will have to use the photos. Will they be low-res and watermarked unless you pay extra for every print?
  • Lirin
    Lirin Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    On average 1-3 months is about usual for most wedding photographers.
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rrf494g wrote: »
    but also check out what rights you will have to use the photos. Will they be low-res and watermarked unless you pay extra for every print?

There's a whole thread about this on the techie page! I've checked - I get decent pics, no watermark and can print, e-mail, facebook as much as I like
  • angelwicca
    Options
    I had mine back within 2 weeks and they are all fab, i can't post any pics as i am a new user :(
    There are no such things as stangers, only friends that are yet to meet:A
  • VK-2008
    VK-2008 Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    i got my proofs in about a month
    still deciding on my pics but generally you are looking at 3 months and longer. up my way ad in my area a lot of people are about a year before they hold album in hand
    :A VK :A
  • tod123
    tod123 Posts: 7,021 Forumite
    Options
    I always say two weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts