Tesco Gift Cards?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
3 replies 925 views
Swiss_ToniSwiss_Toni Forumite
175 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
I have a quantity of Tesco giftcards (not clubcards!), but looking at if I were to sell them on ebay I would take a hit of iro 10% because of their fees - can anyone suggest a more cost-effective way of converting them into cash (ie rather than spending them in-store or on-line?!).

Cheers!

Replies

• no1catmanno1catman Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone offer you face value anyway? They are only worth what is on the moneycard, the buyer then is trusting you to tell him it is a £10 moneycard, but then when he/she gets it - lo and behold it's only a £5 one. Why risk the potential hassle of arguing the toss of the value of the card.
    you can't use the moneycard for 'deals' so don't see why anyone would interested on ebay!?

Besides, how can you not use it to buy everyday items, even if it is only £0.40 for a paper every day for ......
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • fuzzybear01fuzzybear01 Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    People often pay greater than face value for vouchers on ebay so you might be surprised
  • BLUEWKDBLUEWKD Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    You could always advertise them on your local Gumtree. Another option may be to offer on Gumtree to swap them for vouchers you want.
    Be thankful for what you have because it could all be taken away tomorrow.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals