🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Refund for my holiday paid on creditcard?

Options
Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone can help me out - me and my now ex partner had a holiday booked to Egypt (Leaving in just 10 days)! Which we booked 2 months ago, We have now split and to be honest I never want to see him again! He is also refusing to go so it is going to go to waste, I'm wondering if there is any way I can reclaim the money back, obviously being well out of the cancellation period! I piad for it on my HSBC credit card, if anyone knows of any way around this I would really apprecciate some help, £1200 is a lot of money to lose!

Thank you xx

Comments

• shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't you go and take someone else with you?

you won't get a refund just for changing your mind, not unless you want to pay a shedload of fees.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No way round it I'm afraid. Just changing your mind isnt a reason for a refund.

Only taking a friend or family would be a way out. It would probably cost a little to transfer names and your Oh may kick off of course
    for some refund from whoever you were taking but it really is the only way.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Smiler03_2
    Options
    I did think it was a no go area! Worth asking though!! I really don't want to go now to be honest, wouldn't seem right! But thank you for your help guys :) xx
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Could you sell it, maybe on Ebay even.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Smiler03_2
    Options
    I have posted an ad on Gumtree to see if I can sell it, even if I make some of the money back, it beats none of it doesn't it! :) Think it's going to have to be Ebay! Lol xx
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Options
    Just go, you never know who you'll meet - plus you'll get two breakfasts!
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can't sell holidays or travel on eBay unless you are a travel agent.
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could be an element of fate if you still went - as Bob says above, you might meet someone else at the airport, on holiday etc?
  • MFWannabe
    MFWannabe Posts: 2,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should go. You said it wouldn't seem right; but what better way is there to get over a split than a week or two in the sun?
    Ask a friend or member of the family if they want to go with you; you could sell them exes half at a reduced rate at least you'll get some money back. Just would need to change the name on the ticket
    31/03/24:  Debt total £12,400/13,192.13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family