getting ppl to claim for you

Hi,

I haven't posted since before the decision was made in the high courts and kinda gave up.

Since then I was sifting through online to see if there was any further developments in claiming back when I came across a site that deals with the claims for you. So I thought what the hell I'd be happy to get anything back even if there was a fee. So I registered online and they sent me out a form to give them authority to claim on my behalf which I returned. I didn't really think of it at the time. This would be a month or so ago and I've only just given it thought again. So I go back to their site and cant find any phone number to contact them. Should I phone my bank and see if anything has been processed with them, does anybody know of them?

The site is claimbankchargesback co uk

I'm almost positive that the papers that come through was a diff company name and for the life of me I cant locate these papers!!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• edited 28 August 2010 at 9:26AM
    Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 28 August 2010 at 9:26AM
    boppers wrote: »
    ...So I thought what the hell I'd be happy to get anything back even if there was a fee. ...

What a strange position for a member of MSE to take?

Why pay fees for something you could easily do yourself for free (well the cost of a few stamps perhaps)?
    MSE went to great expense employing the services of a top legal barrister to provide you for free with all the details required to attempt to reclaim bank charges.

In fact, rumour has it that many of these claims management agencies use these same instructions in any attempt they make.

Of course, whatever instructions are used and whoever submits them, the chances of success are not changed ... but at least you would know the exact position of your claim if you make it yourself, not to mention that you'd keep 100% of any refund if successful.

Edit: A whois trace on the URL suggests it belongs to Claims Financial Limited
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • boppersboppers Forumite
    14 Posts
    I got someone to do it for me as I'm in New Zealand and they keep fobbing me off as they know I can't go to court.
  • edited 28 August 2010 at 9:41AM
    Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 28 August 2010 at 9:41AM
    boppers wrote: »
    I got someone to do it for me as I'm in New Zealand and they keep fobbing me off as they know I can't go to court.

You may not have to go to court. You could always send someone on your behalf if that becomes necessary, e.g. a solicitor.
    (Edit: But if you are claiming on financial hardship grounds which you were asking about in your posts prior to this thread, that won't involve any court action)

As any court case involving the reclaiming of bank charges would almost certainly be taken out of the small claims track, you would recover the cost of legal help when you win.

What makes you think the claims management service would fund this going to court? I very much doubt it, especially if/when it gets taken out of the small claims track. Expect any bank to continue to appeal any loss all the way back up to the Supreme Court.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Hi,

I'm living in Christchurch, New Zealand and we've just had a 7.1 earthquake and I need my money back now more than ever. Any tips on getting any of my money back asap would be great. Can they do it over the phone? What can I say to help persuade them etc?
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Hi there

I agree with Premier, why use a claims company when you can have a go yourself which will not cost you anything, apart from the post office posting.

Be very wary with claims companies too, lots have had no end of problems, and the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) may be useful to contact to check on these companies.....
    http://www.justice.gov.uk/contactus.htm

I would still be very careful though, this site is free with all the free help you require, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • thx heaps, phoned them and they said they dont deal with clients outside the uk, so I dunno why they sent me forms in the first place.

Can someone help advise how and whats the best way to go about claiming in my situation. I phoned natwest and they said I can only claim under financial hardship for the last 6 mths charges.
  • Couple of questions:

Is the account still open?
    Do you still use it?
  • yes and yes but dont need to
  • OK, next question is how much are the chares totalling up to?
    How far back do you want to go?
    When was the last charge applied?
    What are the charge reasons?
  • 6 years is in the 3000 pounds region, last charge this week, i've basically been getting charged for getting charged for a cpl years
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals