Nationwide reclaim

Hi hopefully someone can answer this!! I originally went through the reclaim process with Nationwide back in 2008 then like most other people got the letter in January 2010 saying that the court ruling had been over turned etc etc .... it gave me 2 months to respond which i didnt because i though all hope was gone. I am now in what is considered financial hardship and am incurring charges of £30 which put me over my overdraft which then get more charges and so it continues ..... So do i start a new claim as financial hardship or do i resend previous letters?? Any answers to this would be great as i have almost £3000 in charges going back to 2004!!

Many Thanks :o

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Start a new claim.

Typically the bank will only consider charges relating to that period of time when you were actually in financial hardship and it appears from reports of others that that is limited to a about 6 months.

Also be aware that even if you prove financial hardship, you may not get even 1p back as there is no obligation on the banks to do so; their only obligation is to treat tour claim with a positive and sympathetic aproach.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure