We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MBNA misleading outstanding balance scam

Options
2»

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear oh dear.
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll be glad when the kids get back to school !!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I find that the box(with the bright blue border) on the right hand side of the front of each page of the statement saying "Current Balance" "Due Date" and "Min Payment" very confusing. What should I do? :o
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    I find that the box(with the bright blue border) on the right hand side of the front of each page of the statement saying "Current Balance" "Due Date" and "Min Payment" very confusing. What should I do? :o

I was feeling some sympathy with the OP then I checked my MBNA statement - and yes there is the big blue box on the first page with the important numbers.
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • qwertya
    qwertya Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 19 August 2010 at 11:14PM
    Options
    duplicate post
  • qwertya
    Options
    OK. I got the measure of you guys. It must be nice to be so clever!

I saw the bold total at the bottom of the column of figures and to me it looked like the place to find the total. In the past when I didn't use the card so much, this always matched the figure in plain type in the summary box cluttered in the middle of 5 other items relating to the account.

So I had learned, Big Bold Number is the one to look for! Don't bother searching for the one within six plain type figures in the box on the right. As I stupidly used the card more, nothing seemed to change on the front page, so I just looked for the usual total figure at the bottom of the column of amounts.

Now go away and congratulate yourselves some more for your expert abilities.
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The OP realises s/he needs to read it better in the future, that's been acknowledged. To continue to make fun of them probably isn't going to help or make the OP want to post anymore. Mistakes happen, people learn etc. :)

Gosh, I am being friendly today. I think it might have something to do with having given up my job...I no longer have to deal with people during the day and it makes me more tolerant on the internet. Or something. (And now I'm definitely rambling, so it's time for bed.)

Good night. </insert sleepy smilie here>
    KiKi
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure