I could really do with some advice re: IVA company being awkward

Options
Hi Everyone,

As per title I could just do with a bit of advice re: this. I lost my job early last month and was able to make all required payments etc.

However as we are coming close to next month, I can't really afford the mortgage. I have had (and have) several interviews over the last few days.

The mortgage company (Northern Rock) is being helpful and said I can have a two month payment holiday. Great. However as I am in an IVA, it needs to be ok'd by Payplan. Payplan however refuse to do this (They don't do it as a matter of business). To use their exact words "We don't want to get involved in your mortgage".

Can anyone see any alternative to this to address the next month. Up to now, all my payments on my Mortgage are up to date.
Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Charco_2
    Charco_2 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    Get back on to your IVA company, email the IP directly! Explain you've had no satisfaction from their call centre staff.

Your IVA is in danger of failing because of your situation. Northern Rock have agreed a payment break until you can find a new job - not only have Payplan not sanctioned a break but they won't enable you to take advantage of the break Northern Rock are extending to you. Quote that the call centre staff said "we don't want to get involved in your mortgage" and explain you don't want to get them involved either.
    Would you ask the wolves to look after the sheep?
    CCCS funded by banks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport