Credit Card query

Options
I have a Virgin credit card with a high balance outstanding -it is currently on 0% but will revert to 26.9% next month. They wrote to me about this and I didn't get in touch with them to opt out of the rate jack because I was expecting some money to come through which would pay it off and now the money hasn't come through and isn't likely to come for at least 6 more months. I can't get any new credit because my score is poor - I have transferred what I can off the card to two other cards which are offering 2% but my limit on each of those is only £2400 which means that I will still have £7900 on my virgin card. My question is this: My daughter currently has a well paid job and still lives at home. She doesn't pay me any keep and so has plenty of disposable cash (she only pays for her car at £120 a month) - she says that she will apply for a 0% card so I wondered if she could transfer my virgin balance to her 0% card and then I would make the monthly payments from my account to pay it off in the promo period - or if that isn't possible do some cards offer to pay an amount into your bank account on the same deal and then she could pay the Virgin card off that way? Any thoughts (apart from that I am a stupid cow for running up the debt and not exercising my right to opt out)?
Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    The cards companies don't really care whose name it is in.
    They will let you transfer it to her providing she doesn't apply for a card from the same provider. So not a virgin or any from the MBNA stable.

But of course she will then be legally liable for the debt. If you couldn't pay (lost your job, went bankrupt or whatever) then she would have to pay herself or it would be her credit rating that would be affected.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family