Fantastic news!

Options
I recieved my discharge papers from my very long, very tiresome trust deed today :j:j

For those who are just beginning one, or are worried about spiralling debts, please please seek advice sooner rather than later. OK, my deed seemed never ending, but I would never have managed without it, and now I'm debt free.
Find a good Trustee and do your research....its worth it in the long run

Comments

• just_so_2
    just_so_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :TWell done :T!! I'm 6 months away from the end of mine, and it is tiresome! I was lucky and found a good trustee who have been very helpful in KPMG. I split up with my wife and that made matters much worse than they would have been. I ended up giving up my property. However I kept the trustees fully informed of my situation and they were very easy and pleasant to deal with NOT like creditors. I would agree with you about finding a good trustee and doing research. Theres an excellent web site for Scottish trust Deeds where you can ask free advice from Insolvency experts on their forum. http://www.trust-deed.co.uk/

I think I have learned a 3 year, tough lesson in how to look after money !!!

Well done !!

(PS: What happens with the discharge process after you have made your last payment, i ??)
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    Options
    sharalee99 wrote: »
    I recieved my discharge papers from my very long, very tiresome trust deed today :j:j

For those who are just beginning one, or are worried about spiralling debts, please please seek advice sooner rather than later. OK, my deed seemed never ending, but I would never have managed without it, and now I'm debt free.
    Find a good Trustee and do your research....its worth it in the long run

Feels good doesn't it when you get the paperwork even though you know it is all over :D

Good luck now with rebuilding your life and never forget the lessons you have learned during your journey , I haven't .

Well done :T
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • sharalee99
    sharalee99 Posts: 639 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    just_so wrote: »

I think I have learned a 3 year, tough lesson in how to look after money !!!

Well done !!

(PS: What happens with the discharge process after you have made your last payment, i ??)

Thanks, I'm very relieved!

Ok, after my last payment, my trustee sent me a full breakdown, of monies received, fees incurred, which creditor gets what amount of money and also the papers will tell you there will be a final meeting of creditors. I believe this to be just a formality and the majority of creditors (if any) do not go to this meeting. I think the creditors have to agree the trustees fees etc, and I'm assuming that they won't go unless they disagree and object to something.
    I then heard nothing until after that meeting (yesterday) when the discharge papers came.
    It is such a relief, I actually jumped for joy :j <<< a bit like that, and waved the paper in the air. I think my poor hubby thought I'd won the lottery or something, but to me, this is just as good!!
    Your 6 months will fly by, and soon you can have the same joyous feeling as me.
  • sharalee99
    sharalee99 Posts: 639 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    doelani wrote: »
    Feels good doesn't it when you get the paperwork even though you know it is all over :D

Good luck now with rebuilding your life and never forget the lessons you have learned during your journey , I haven't .

Well done :T

Thank you! What a way to learn a lesson, but yep, you are absolutely right..valuable lesson learned!
    I would never want to put myself in that position again, and neither will I.
    If I can't afford it, I'll save for it, and if I still can't afford it, then I'll just go without it. Nothing is worth putting myself or my family through all the turmoil again. :o
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    Options
    sharalee99 wrote: »
    Thank you! What a way to learn a lesson, but yep, you are absolutely right..valuable lesson learned!
    I would never want to put myself in that position again, and neither will I.
    If I can't afford it, I'll save for it, and if I still can't afford it, then I'll just go without it. Nothing is worth putting myself or my family through all the turmoil again. :o

Yes I learnt the hard way too, £110k of it lol I finished my IVA 2 years ago and never looked back.

It is nice having extra money compared to when paying IVA but still question if I acually need something before buying it , becomes a way of life lol
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • zebade
    zebade Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulation's, i finished mine in April and received my discharge papers at the end of June.

Well done, and im sure you, like me will never get in that situation again.
    Debt Free since April 2010.

Completed my Trust Deed 24th June 2010.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family