Gift for an 11 year old.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
8 replies 673 views
OdetteOdette Forumite
716 Posts
My foster sister is quite small for her age and is always wanting to be more grown up. Shes had a tough time recently and I moved out of my family home this year so I wanted tog et her something special. However, I dont really know anything about little kids (I dislike children :/). Id like to get her a special piece of jewellery now shes going to be starting 'big school' and stuff, does anyone have any ideas?

Budget = £20.
Aim - BUYING A HOUSE :eek: by November 2013!
Saved = 100% on 03/07/12 :j

Replies

• Angela84Angela84 Forumite
    398 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    How about a lovely sparkly pair of stud earrings, in a pretty box. Sometimes the packaging can make something look more exciting than the actual present!
    Any other jewellery might not be allowed at school, and 'diamond' stud earring would never go out of fashion.
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • fordmaxfordmax Forumite
    29 Posts
    Earrings are very popular at this age. My daughter always buys her friends earrings for their birthdays and her friends love them. She buys Swarovski-type ones. They are just studs but very,very sparkly and look fab if you can get a pair to match the colour of her eyes.x
  • OdetteOdette Forumite
    716 Posts
    I took her to get her ears pierced but she took them out after a while! I will check with my mum if she has had them re pierced...
  • Have a look at the jewellery thread alot of us make handmade jewellery and some of the makes by the people on there are amazing! Alot also cater for custom makes so you could ask for something that you know she will definately like (colour, favourite animal as a charm etc) and everyones prices are really competitive as most of them do it as a hobby. (Im on the thread too but Im not advertising for me, Im astounded by the quality of some of the peoples makes on there!)

If shes off to big school a nice pad, pen, pencil etc set could be good. Even if its just to write notes to all the new friends she will be making there!
  • OdetteOdette Forumite
    716 Posts
    I do a lot of crafting but this birthday has just sneaked up on me and I don't have time( Im a massive lurker on this board!). Other than argos, who does childrens jewelry?
  • LJMLJM Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    what about a nice watch will be a lovely present also usefull for time keeping for school etc
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • OdetteOdette Forumite
    716 Posts
    LJM wrote: »
    what about a nice watch will be a lovely present also usefull for time keeping for school etc

Thats a great idea! Going to have a look..
  • sammy001sammy001 Forumite
    3 Posts
    There is a lovely type of charm bracelet and you can pick the charms, as you take one link from the bracelet you add another i.e initial, flowers, betty boop, animals etc. I have bought my daughters all one each and at each special occasion I have bought another link relevant to the special day. If you go on ebay and put in zappini stainless steel bracelet (really cost effective) and they are lovely too. This way its also a keepsake for the rest of her life. Good luck.
    Sammy:T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals