Help- need ideas for my birthday bbq entertainment !!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
2 replies 876 views
OnTheUp_2-2OnTheUp_2-2 Forumite
692 Posts
I am having a bbq for my birthday in two weeks. my garden is pretty small and all gravel, patio no grass. I therefore intended to keep this area free.

We have a large flat driveway, block paving, no stones and I could fit four small cars on it... i was hoping to have some form of enertainment out there and I have a budget of roughly £100

I am in surrey/sussex area and I am aware alot of companies do not want to put their bouncy castles on tarmac/hardstanding

Does anyone have any wacky ideas that would suit adults and kids

so far all i can think of is boucny castles and ball pits?

Replies

• edited 29 June 2010 at 8:17PM
    OnTheUp_2-2OnTheUp_2-2 Forumite
    692 Posts
    edited 29 June 2010 at 8:17PM
    the area is 14ft x 24ft..... running out of ideas :-(

i would consider actually buying a bouncy castle and then sell it on afterwards if i cannot find one to hire?
  • Angela84Angela84 Forumite
    398 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I haven't heard of companies not allowing bouncy castles on hard ground, I grew up going to friends partied with the bouncy castles in the village halls or their garages if the weather was poor.

Here's one person I just googled, can't see anything about hard ground, and in their faqs it says they can put a bouncy castle inside, so that must be similar with hard grounds?

http://www.jennysjumps.co.uk/Misc/TermsandConditionsInflatableHire.aspx

I think a bouncy castle is your best bet, it entertains adults and children for hours.
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals