🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

referal by post office credit card.

Options
jolfc
jolfc Posts: 446 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 26 June 2010 at 8:19AM in Credit cards
i have just applied on line,but got a response to say i will receive a letter in 5days.so i rang post office help line and the lady said you are either declined online or accepted immediately or refered.can anyone tell me why my application may have been refered as my other credit cards i got instant acceptance online.i only applied with them as they are doing commision free cash advance on holiday money.is them telling me a referal is being done going to mean a rejection.sorry to sound a bit daft with my query but as i said i have not had this happen before.:D:D
p.s sorry about the spelling.it is still early.lol.

Comments

• BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    Ive read a lot of people's applications for the post office card lately,i think the score is now your application has been referred,they may well now ask you for proof of income..
  • jolfc
    Options
    star-fire wrote: »
    Ive read a lot of people's applications for the post office card lately,i think the score is now your application has been referred,they may well now ask you for proof of income..
    yep i can see why that would be,i suppose you could have made any income up.yet halifax and capital one did not-but then i bank with halifax.;)
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    jolfc wrote: »
    yep i can see why that would be,i suppose you could have made any income up.yet halifax and capital one did not-but then i bank with halifax.;)

99% of credit cards don't normally ask of proof of income,but with the post office it is different by the looks of it,,i think if your score with them was excellent it would of been an instant acceptance,which it would then of not been referred..
    So something might well of triggered the credit scoring which was done for you the reason for referring..
  • jolfc
    Options
    99% of credit cards don't normally ask of proof of income,but with the post office it is different by the looks of it,,i think if your score with them was excellent it would of been an instant acceptance,which it would then of not been referred..
    So something might well of triggered the credit scoring which was done for you the reason for referring..
    well i did get confused on a question as to what to put.i have had a basic bank account with halifax for 12 years upto may last year.i then upgraded to an award account so held that for a year.so when it asked how long i had been with the bank i put a year as it was the reward account details i gave them should i have put 12 years as technically i have been with the halifax that long:(but on my 3 credit reports it shows up both my accounts with halifax and the dates they were opened as i still keep the basic account(it is a visa electron and saves charges when booking my holiday flights:cool:)even though it only has £1 in it!could that be a reason?
  • sheslookinhot
    sheslookinhot Posts: 1,991 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

maybe it was the fact you have a number of live credit cards.
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    Have you checked your equifax report as i think post office credit check you on there..
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    maybe it was the fact you have a number of live credit cards.

He only has 1 credit card i think
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family