instant access

with all the changes in interest rates at the mo....i need to know what is the best instant access savings a/c on the market.

I dont like icici, what is the next best thing?

Comments

• GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    why don't you like ICICI? Bad experience?
  • Yorkshire BS Internet Saver pays 5.1%

More details and how to open an account on the YBS website
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Also, Abbey has announced an increase on its eSaver account of 0.25% (up from 4.85% gross 4.60% AER) to 5.1% gross 4.85% AER for balances of £1 plus, with effect from 1 September 2006.

For the first 6 months from account opening, tiered interest rates as follows:

£50,000 plus 5.20% gross

£100,000 5.25% gross

£200,000 5.30% gross

~~~~~~

Bradford & Bingley's E-Savings account pays 5.1% AER with effect from 3 September, minimum balance £1,000.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • I've never used Yorkshire Building Society but I won't touch Abbey because of a friend's experience recently, so if the rates are both the same I'd reccommend YBS.

Thanks to what I've heard I will never use Abbey, never have never will.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • the only reason i dont like icici is due to the hassle reported on this site....i mean just this morning it has been reported that their website was down....can't be dealing with that.

For the YBS esaver do they need ID sent in? and what guarantee are they giving about the rate?
  • Searcher2
    Searcher2 Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    the only reason i dont like icici is due to the hassle reported on this site....i mean just this morning it has been reported that their website was down....can't be dealing with that.

For the YBS esaver do they need ID sent in? and what guarantee are they giving about the rate?

I have just applied online for the YBS Esaver. No ID was requested - they say they will ask you if they want some. I thought you only really needed ID for current accounts. The YBS is not a current account though you can have a cashpoint card. If I were you I would fill in the online forms for YBS and see if you get accepted - you have nothing to lose apart from about 5 minutes. In the meantime if something else crops up then you can go for that.

I know what you mean about ICICI - something a bit more comfortable about being able to pop into a 'shop' in the high street and ask questions about different accounts - such as YBS. For the sake of 0.05% YBS is where my money is going unless something better comes up in the next week.
  • Searcher2 wrote:
    I have just applied online for the YBS Esaver. No ID was requested - they say they will ask you if they want some. I thought you only really needed ID for current accounts. The YBS is not a current account though you can have a cashpoint card. If I were you I would fill in the online forms for YBS and see if you get accepted - you have nothing to lose apart from about 5 minutes. In the meantime if something else crops up then you can go for that.

I know what you mean about ICICI - something a bit more comfortable about being able to pop into a 'shop' in the high street and ask questions about different accounts - such as YBS. For the sake of 0.05% YBS is where my money is going unless something better comes up in the next week.

I might wait until all the interest changes have been done until i decide....i dont mind openeing an a/c with YBS but how many a/c can one person have for no reason!
  • Sapphire
    Sapphire Posts: 4,269
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    The Post Office savings account is good - 5.30%, six free withdrawls per year allowed, and only £1 per withdrawl after that. I've transferred most of my Nationwide eSavings to that account, given Nationwide's decisions on its interest rates. :D
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    The Post Office savings account is good - 5.30%, six free withdrawls per year allowed ...

I was under the impression that, following the BoE base rate rise, the Post Office instant saver pays 5.00% AER (up from 4.75%)
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure