Data Controllers why don't they reply!!!!!

Options
Bosie
Bosie Posts: 1,218 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I've tried to get my credit files all 'cleaned' up since I went bankrupt in 2004. Well my bankruptcy dropped off but as mentioned in the Bankruptcy forum Barclaycard went and put on a default that was included in the bankruptcy, wrong date and address.
Then there was 2 small debts one for £30 with Fashion World again wrong date much later then the bankruptcy, and an old Index card default. Again, wrong data on CRA files.

So I wrote to all 3 ex creditor's to say please remove the incorrect data. I actually rang a number I had for Barclaycard who deal with CRA data, they said no they hadn't received a letter from me? But up to now they have now removed the wrong data from Equifax and Call Credit, but not as yet Experian.

The other 2 creditor's not a dicky bird in 2 weeks, so so annoying. Regarding Fashion World I'm not too far from their main office, so might hand deliver a complaint on Monday:eek:
Why can't they just reply - what's up with them

Comments

• izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bosie wrote: »
    I've tried to get my credit files all 'cleaned' up since I went bankrupt in 2004. Well my bankruptcy dropped off but as mentioned in the Bankruptcy forum Barclaycard went and put on a default that was included in the bankruptcy, wrong date and address.
    Then there was 2 small debts one for £30 with Fashion World again wrong date much later then the bankruptcy, and an old Index card default. Again, wrong data on CRA files.

So I wrote to all 3 ex creditor's to say please remove the incorrect data. I actually rang a number I had for Barclaycard who deal with CRA data, they said no they hadn't received a letter from me? But up to now they have now removed the wrong data from Equifax and Call Credit, but not as yet Experian.

The other 2 creditor's not a dicky bird in 2 weeks, so so annoying. Regarding Fashion World I'm not too far from their main office, so might hand deliver a complaint on Monday:eek:
    Why can't they just reply - what's up with them

Simples - complain to the ICO about them

I did due to incorrect default data in my Bankruptcy and had £30K+ of defaults permanently removed from my file altogether as per the ICO's instruction ;)
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • Bosie
    Options
    izools wrote: »
    Simples - complain to the ICO about them

I did due to incorrect default data in my Bankruptcy and had £30K+ of defaults permanently removed from my file altogether as per the ICO's instruction ;)

How long did the ICO take to sort it out? Very frustrating when you get ignored:mad:
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    Bosie wrote: »
    How long did the ICO take to sort it out? Very frustrating when you get ignored:mad:

Sorry, did you say something?
  • Bosie
    Options
    ILW wrote: »
    [/COLOR]

Sorry, did you say something?

:D:D:D:rotfl::rotfl:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    How long since you wrote?

Creditors know that they initially have 28 days to act. They also know that the ICO prefers people to write another reminder after that, and wait again before you take the final step of a formal complaint through them.

Result of that is that creditors will string out the process as long as they can, and often ignore the first letter if they think they can get away with it.

Sad and wrong, but that is what they do. :(
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure