have I been accepted?

Options
Hello, sorry if this question has been asked before, I applied for a vanquis card online on the 23rd of May and received an email with the terms and conditions, stating that the receipt of these did not mean I had been accepted.

I have just had a telephone call from a lady at Vanquis, asking for my address, date of birth, bank accounts held and if I was known by any other name. She then said I would hear in about 10 days the outcome.

Is this standard, or does it mean I am likely to be accepted? I know Vanquis have a high apr, but I will only be using the card to get some credit history and some green 0s that everyone likes :)

Anticipatory thanks for your replies ;)

Paula

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just had a telephone call from a lady at Vanquis, asking for my address, date of birth, bank accounts held and if I was known by any other name. She then said I would hear in about 10 days the outcome.
    So she called you?
    And you gave her all these details?

I would not have done that.
    I would have asked for an extension/name and called back Vanquis on a number that I knew was them.

How do you know she was from Vanquis and you haven't just given a loadvof information to someone you shouldnt???
  • paulasx
    paulasx Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I didnt think of that :eek:
    I was just so surprised they had phoned me back!!
    I wonder if I phone vanquis, will they be able to confirm whether the call came from them????
    Has anyone else ever applied to them, and had the same call? did they ask the same questions?
    I feel silly now:mad:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I had a similar experience with capitol one and I was accepted. I guess that's not the same for everyone though, but I also guess it must mean that they've not rejected you straight away!

I had a call like you did - and it wasn't until after I'd answered the call and given out my dtails etc that I thought "how bizzare", and questioned whether I'd done the right thing by answering the Q's - turns out I did.
  • coffeeandfags
    coffeeandfags Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    Vanquis called me before sending my card, but i was out. Tried phoning the number back and it was an answer message ....... you could try redialling and see what happens?

They sent the card and pin anyway BTW ;)
  • paulasx
    Options
    Vanquis called me before sending my card, but i was out. Tried phoning the number back and it was an answer message ....... you could try redialling and see what happens?

Hmmm, the call came through on my mobile as I was on the landline talking about important stuff:rotfl:with my friend!!
    It just said caller unknown, and didn't have a number!
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would give them a call and see if they have a record of anyone calling you, just to put your mind at rest.
    The chances are it was them, but it's not worth taking the chance.
    Unless you know the caller, then ask for their name/extension and call them straight back. If they give you a number then check with their website that it is actually their number.
  • paulasx
    Options
    I phoned vanquis today, after they telephoned me on my landline at the weekend and I was out. My husband answered and thats how I know it was them, this got me worried that the call I had got on my mobile was a scam! But the lady I spoke to said it was vanquis and I would be hearing from them within a week regarding my application, wouldnt/couldnt? give me a yes or no!
    So, at least it wasn't some sort of fraud, I now just have to keep my fingers crossed!!
  • paulasx
    Options
    Have just had ANOTHER call from vanquis wanting work details etc, and confirming I have been accepted and my card etc will be with me within 7-10 days!!
  • danny1978uk
    danny1978uk Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Phew!!!!!!
  • seeya23
    seeya23 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    paulasx wrote: »
    Have just had ANOTHER call from vanquis wanting work details etc, and confirming I have been accepted and my card etc will be with me within 7-10 days!!

what imit did you get i hope it was more than £150

why not come over here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2096485&page=414
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure