ISA shares

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
2 replies 991 views
lavandergirl_2lavandergirl_2 Forumite
442 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
I currently have a Halifax ISA investor and my investment is at FTSE 100 index tracker. I chose Halifax as it was convenient to setting it up online. However, I plan to move it to another company. I do not know which company will offer a better offer in terms of annual charges and annual yields. Can anyone please help me?
Do Something Amazing- Give Blood

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The ISA provider is one thing, the investment funds within it are another. For the last 7 or so years, the FTSE100 has been a poor place to invest when compared with other UK sectors and there isnt expected to be much change.

Apart from that, there are thousands of other areas to invest in which could easily offer better potential.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • cheerfulcatcheerfulcat Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, lavandergirl,

You would have more flexibility if you moved your ISA to a self-select provider with either a broker or a discount IFA. You could still have a FTSE 100 tracker but you could have other funds/trackers alongside it for diversification.

The charges on an ETF will be lowest; if you are comparing trackers then charges are the main influence on the difference in return.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides