Any suggestions for November please?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
10 replies 880 views
hethmarhethmar Forumite
10.7K Posts
Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
Where in mainland Europe am I going to get nice warm sunny weather in November - or is it not possible please?

Replies

• richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the Climate for Malaga.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Chyna-sChyna-s Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We went to Sorrento in Italy last November and it was lovely weather, still managed to sit out by the pool.
    If a competition does not open please bookmark to try again later or open in another OS - please do not bump threads unnecessarily just to say this. Thanks :)
  • aptapt Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You were lucky with Sorrento as on average it rains there on 15 days in November. In November I think it makes more sense to travel further south, to the Canaries or the Red Sea. You also get more daylight. Cyprus and Malta would also be warmer than mainland Europe.
  • edited 31 May 2010 at 11:31PM
    hethmarhethmar Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 May 2010 at 11:31PM
    Sorrento was the choice actually, Rome/Sorrento in late September but now cant make it that month at all or October :( I did see it tends to rain a lot in November so wondered where else on short haul. I really do not like the Canary Islands so they are out. I want somewhere with a bit of culture, just dont want to be walking around in cold/wet weather seeing it :(

Anyone know what Turkey is like in November? And are there plenty of things to see/do?
  • blue_haddockblue_haddock Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the Algarve at the end of Nov/early dec and whilst not red hot it was still very pleasant
  • I was in the Algarve at the end of Nov/early dec and whilst not red hot it was still very pleasant

Like anywhere it is very unpredictable. The parents go every year in October, and last time ended up in coats most of the time.

OP, you can get to Marrakech in the same time as many European destinations?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • stephb34stephb34 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    hethmar wrote: »
    Sorrento was the choice actually, Rome/Sorrento in late September but now cant make it that month at all or October :( I did see it tends to rain a lot in November so wondered where else on short haul. I really do not like the Canary Islands so they are out. I want somewhere with a bit of culture, just dont want to be walking around in cold/wet weather seeing it :(

Anyone know what Turkey is like in November? And are there plenty of things to see/do?

Flights go into Antalaya as a package for the winter but im not too sure of the temps or culture, i was thinking Morrocco its only 3.5hrs flying time should be warm and has culture.
  • IncapuppyIncapuppy Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    hethmar wrote: »
    I want somewhere with a bit of culture, just dont want to be walking around in cold/wet weather seeing it :(

Go to Luxor, the weather should be very warm and there is more culture than you can shake a stick at there ;)
  • hethmarhethmar Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks people. Been to Luxor and Morrocco - rather fancied the roman ruins scene. Shall have to rethink I guess.
  • Chyna-sChyna-s Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Croatia? We nearly choose that before we went with Sorrento.
    If a competition does not open please bookmark to try again later or open in another OS - please do not bump threads unnecessarily just to say this. Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals