Paris airport transfer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
7 replies 894 views
BRIGHTSHINYGUYBRIGHTSHINYGUY Forumite
15 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
Anyone know the cheapest method of getting cdg airport into Paris, the transfer prices im getting are around £70 mark for both of us which seems a bit steep!

Replies

• The train station is actually in the airport terminal building, when we went last year we went to the tourist information in the airport, bought travel passes (I think they were called Paris Visite, 5 days,I think) and headed straight for the RER. It takes you into central Paris and from there you can get the Metro to just about anywhere, it's pretty easy to use, if you've been on the London Underground it shouldn't cause you any bother. Previously we used Easyjet minibus transfers (bookable when you book easyjet flights), can't remember how much they were, but they drop off and pick up from airport to hotel so you may prefer that, they were pretty good but I think much more expensive than the train. The only problem with the train was the buskers who jump from carriage to carriage, sometimes lugging amplifiers and all sorts of instruments. It's probably better to sit away from the doors as they can be pretty persistent! Don't let this put you off though, the travel passes are great value and we used them constantly on our trip. Have a great time.
  • xycom1xycom1 Forumite
    784 Posts
    +1, I found it pretty easy on the train from CDG to central Paris.
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BVA, CDG or ORY ?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • edited 9 June 2010 at 11:40PM
    Ascot_EdAscot_Ed Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    edited 9 June 2010 at 11:40PM
    I'm in Paris just now and we got the RER train in from CDG for €8.50 one-way to central Paris then €1.60 for a metro ticket. Quick and easy and you can get around Paris very quickly.
    If you are going to use the metro a lot buy books of 10 tickets for €11.60 and save a few euros. Or look into the Paris Visite ticket mentioned above.

• KeithPKeithP Forumite
    26.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richardw wrote: »
    BVA, CDG or ORY ?
    OP did say cdg. ;)
  • richardwrichardw Forumite
    19.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops was in small letters, RER train is good.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • BRIGHTSHINYGUYBRIGHTSHINYGUY Forumite
    15 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the tips guys really appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides