🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sold fake tickets

Options
Hi, I am looking for some help and advice. My father in-law bought 2 T in the park festival ticket last year. It ended up being from a fake website, I think it was based in South America somewhere. At the time, the credit card company phoned him to authorise the transaction as it was a large purchase and not usual activity. On discovering that the company was fake and no tickets sent to him, my father in law phoned the credit card ompany in order to claim back the money. They would not do this as they said that due to them phoning him at the time to authorise the transaction that was not possible. But they did not advise him that the transaction was taking place in South America. What rights does my father in-law have in order to claim back this money from the credit card company?

Many thanks
:A

Comments

• dazza.mk
    dazza.mk Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What does 'large' transaction mean in this instance?
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The telephone call makes no difference to the situation. At the time that the purchaser confirmed that the transaction was genuine, he expected to receive the tickets in return for his money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport