OK, wasn't through here but ...

Nice parcel of reference books (worth £130 rrp) arrived earlier this week for winning a Times2Jumbo crossword.

Replies

• divadeedivadee Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    well done you.

I never win anything :(
  • rushnowtrushnowt Forumite
    24.7K Posts
    Well done, its nice to hear when people actually win these things :D
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

• JPSJPS Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    That's great to hear! Well done klondyke :)
  • hubby won a racing day at thruxton courtesy of pirelli tyres few months back. Sold it in the local paper for 150 quid! He's also wona fleece, some nikwax and a footie video over the last hew months. We're still waiting for the biggie, though....
  • libra10libra10 Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Congratulations everybody, lovely prizes
  • A couple of years ago I got a letter from Sainsburys to say I'd won £1,000 which completely confused me as I couldn't remember entering any competitions. Eventually discovered it had been on the one and only occasion I had ever stuck my Nectar card in the points machine at the entrance (just to see what it did) and I'd been automatically entered.

The prize was Sainsburys vouchers but it kept us going in groceries for several months! :D

PS - I've always assumed that (apart from making sure you spend them in their shop!) vouchers were a sort of tax dodge, does anyone know if monetary competition prizes should be declared on self-assessment?
    If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor...
  • FoxyFoxy Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    im won on the garnier web site a couple of months back and got fructus dhampoo condition and frizz ease think it was. didnt think it too bad as they were full size and the arent that cheap to buy;)
    It is not what you give your friend, but what you are willing to give him that determines the quality of friendship. -- Mary Dixon Thayer
  • does anyone know if monetary competition prizes should be declared on self-assessment?

No - prizes are completely free of tax in UK. Think US is different.

Guess I'm a bit of a comping nerd and have done quite well over the years, but resolution is TO DO BETTER!!
  • ksh123ksh123 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I've won a few nice things ovr the last 15mths or so - hampers, dvds, make-up, kitchen stuff, hair stuff etc. But the best ever was last September when I spent 3 days in Nashvile courtesy of Mr Jack Daniels! FAB!
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • savvysavvy Forumite
    31.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Crikey this takes me back, I used to do competitions when the kids were smaller and I actually had a bit of free time.....................my god, what is that?? lol

Some successes were;

Super Nintendo
    Gameboy (when they first came out!)
    £300 spending spree in HMV
    Weekend at Haven
    £200 party package from Tesco
    and loads of smaller stuff

It was good fun, but you really need time to devote to it, aaah well, have to wait til retirement!!!! :rolleyes:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides