EUROPEAN Car Insurance

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
1 reply 326 views
g_quinton2002g_quinton2002 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi there,

due to move to France and for the life of me cannot get any company to insure me to drive my car in France and the UK for a full year!

Can anyone help??

I've actually had one quote of double what I'd normally pay for fully comprehensive insurance!

Help, please!


  • benjaminMbenjaminM Forumite
    238 Posts
    I dont think there are any UK insurance companies that will give more than 90 days EU cover. You maybe better off getting a policy in France, the European based insurance companies tend to be a little more flexible. One other thing you could to try would be to contact a british broker based abroad. Not sure about France but in Spain there is a firm called Knights Insurance Brokers and they specialise in ex-pats, might be worth contacting them and they could put you on to someone.
    I am an Insurance & Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals