Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Dry warm nose........

in Pets & pet care
2 replies 730 views
Before anyone says, or my thread gets deleted, I just want to make it clear that I have a vets appointment for tomorrow, and am simply looking for ideas and tips until we get there. Thanks for reading.

My wee dog who is about seven months old Staffie female is about ten days past her season. She was an abandoned dog, and we don't know anything about her medical history, but she has had her vaccinations since we had her (last one two weeks ago), and is due her second worming / flea tablet tomorrow.

Since last Thursday she has not had as good an appetite as usual. We have not changed her food, and she is still eating, but only about half of what she was previously. She seems to be sleeping a bit more than usual, and her muzzle, which you can normally see through the hair on the upper jaw, and throat is usually light pink skin coloured. The pink is now a lot deeper in colour, almost red, but the most noticeable difference is her warm, dry nose. Not wet at all. I don't know how long it's been like this, as I only noticed yesterday, despite talking and playing with her regularly, she hasn't been really different behaviourally, but just not quite right, IYSWIM?

Does anyone have any ideas of things to look for, or to try, that I can do before we see the vet, to help eliminate or prove certain problems/conditions?

Thanks for looking, and any help you may be able to give me.

Jackie X
mardatha wrote: »
It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi

Replies

• ali-tali-t Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    My staffy always has a warm dry nose, it has never been cold and wet. Perhaps you just haven't noticed it before?
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • No it's usually wet and cold, it's actually much better this evening but she has a wee cough now and is sneezing a little. So possibly a wee cold!
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals