From ESA to JSA - Theoretical question!

Options
Hi all,

I have a question about moving from ESA to JSA. There are a few threads on the subject but I wondered if my specific situation would make it any easier!

I am on ESA, currently on appeal, but my money is paid through my partner - he is on a joint Jobseeker's Allowance claim (at their suggestion). I am on his claim with all my information on there, with an excused-from-signing-on form.

My ESA claim is a clerical credits-only claim and no money or information is associated with it, other than my medical certificates and NWT appointments.

Given that pretty much all my info is on the JSA claim already, shouldn't it be really quick to change to JSA? All I would need is one of the initial interviews and it should be completely ready to go. Or do they need a full new form in typical DWP style?!

I need to know as I'm going through the appeals process now (I have only just received all the papers, though) and I just want to be prepared for any eventuality - even though the support I'm getting is much more relevant on ESA.

I know this is pretty specific but just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar... Thanks! :)

Comments

• NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Options
    You wouldnt need to apply for JSA again as far as I am aware. The exclusion would be lifted and you would be required to sign-on if it is a joint claim. It may take an adviser interview though for you to be assigned your signing-on time.
  • coachvee
    coachvee Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks NASA. What I am worried about is if they will stop the money whilst they "change over"? To me, it should be really simple, but my experience with the DWP suggests it could be the complete opposite...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure