bex lose lbs save £'s diary.

edited 27 March 2010 at 2:58PM in Debt free diaries
19 replies 1.1K views
bex2002bex2002 Forumite
1.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 27 March 2010 at 2:58PM in Debt free diaries
Well i feel that it is time that i start a diary and become more accountable for my actions.

Firsty a bit about me, i am 26 and a staff nurse. I have an unsecured loan at present which was to consolidate credit cards. this is being paid off each month and due to finish in oct 2013. I live with my grandma to look after her and my other half who has M.E. so unable to work ( not for trying!) My main aim is that i want to save as much as i can towards a morgage as i will be the only income and living in an expensive area i need to save as much as possible, i will try and aim for £10,000 to start with, this will come from wages, surveys, ebay, bingo and any other ideas that spring to mind.

I also need to lose about 60lbs to get to my goal weight- i have lost about 6lbs so far so got a bit further to go yet, i have jsut brought a bike to save in travel costs and also to help with the weight loss.
£27.76/£2018 in 2018

Replies

• gwen80gwen80 Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Crikey bex, I thought my plate was full! Just popping in to wish you all the best, keep posting I'll be cheering you on :A

Gwenx
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • Hi and good luck xx
  • bex2002bex2002 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Forumite
    thanks for the encouragement, i am going to update this thread as much as possible to keep my motivation up, i am going to start by putting some things on ebay today.
    £27.76/£2018 in 2018
  • Choc-addictChoc-addict Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Just thought i'd pop in and say hi. Good luck with your new beginnings with money and weight loss - have subscribed so will pop back to see how you are getting on.

Best of luck!
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    83K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Good luck with your goals.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    1.3K Posts
    Forumite
    well i have managed to start listing some things on ebay last night, they already have watchers so i am fairly confident that both things will sell but still 6 days to go. I have a payment from amazon but will take a few days to hit my account, will add this to my total when it hits my account.

I ended giving into my partner to buy the new moon dvd as has been asking for weeks but luckily i had some hmv vouchers so didnt have to spend anything on this.
    So far have saved £12.99/£10,000
    £27.76/£2018 in 2018
  • Choc-addictChoc-addict Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    bex2002 wrote: »
    well i have managed to start listing some things on ebay last night, they already have watchers so i am fairly confident that both things will sell but still 6 days to go. I have a payment from amazon but will take a few days to hit my account, will add this to my total when it hits my account.

I ended giving into my partner to buy the new moon dvd as has been asking for weeks but luckily i had some hmv vouchers so didnt have to spend anything on this.
    So far have saved £12.99/£10,000

Well done on making a start :T Hope the ebay listings are going well?
    1.3K Posts
    Forumite
    thanks, well one of them is definitly going to sell, is up to £2.21 with 4 days left to go!
    £27.76/£2018 in 2018
    1.3K Posts
    Forumite
    Sorry i havent been on for a few day have been on night shifts then my oh has been ill with a bug and very kindly passed it on to me so am off work for a couple of days. Have been doing a few sums and have now got to a total of 243.84. this is through getting interest through my bank account. selling a couple of things on ebay (am putting more on), got paid for a survey and savings through shopping. also just won 2 lines on bingo through my free money so got 13.50 for that which is a bonus.
    £27.76/£2018 in 2018
    1.3K Posts
    Forumite
    I have made a list of things that i need to achieve today.
    • compete forms for courses at royal marsden ( have had funding approved for chemotherapy course and another couple of modules)
    • complete driving lisence form as my one is about to expire and need to get on with driving lessons as i am being given a car for free.
    • complete all the surveys that i have.
    • do 30 minutes on the wii fit.
    • put at least 3 things on ebay ( I have 4 things on so far with one finishing today)
    • cook roast dinner for the family
    • do shop and scan from the shopping that i did yesterday ( bleeper was dead so had to charge it up)
    • check banking and transfer money to savings and to OH for credit card.
    • update mse diary (doing)
    • get up to date with my email
    • plant onions (going to try growing own veg this year)
    • do bingo and tiki
    • check wallet for coins and add them to coin collection
    • check cokezone regularly as trying to get an xbox360 so far no luck!
    I am going to try to achieve all this today as i have a long week at work with only wednesday off but trying to get my nan in a lunchclub so have to take her down for her assessment on wednesday.
    £27.76/£2018 in 2018
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals