i owe bt lots of money!!

in Phones & TV
4 replies 955 views
Hi guys- this is the first time i've been on this board so a big hello!! :T

I owe Bt about £250, and they have limited me to local calls only until this is paid off (fair enough). I pay with a payment card at the post office.

My question is, would i still be able to utilise all the 1899 etc type companies whilst i owe bt money?? :confused: i've just had a look at the orchid dialler, and although it looks a bit complicated for my techno-phobe brain, i'm obviously interested in saving money on my phone bill.

also, what payment options are available with all these pre-dial companies? does it HAVE to be direct debit?

sorry for asking a million questions :o

TIA :)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07

Replies

• mobilegossipmobilegossip Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Welcome to the Dog and Bone Board.

Its possible that calls to 1899 are blocked at the moment until you have repaid them.

1899 etc will accept payment by credit or debit card as well as D/D

Suggest you register with https://www.1899.com make a test call ,then check online to see if call was allowed.
  • clark1982clark1982 Forumite
    245 Posts
    If your on Local Access Only (LAO) you can still use prefixes. As long as BT Don't restict your line to Outgoing Calls Barred (OCB). BT would have agreed a repayment plan with you and a condition of that is LAO barr. If you don't keep to the agreement, i.e miss payments, then BT will revert your line to OCB..
    The views expressed on this website, be they in text, pictures or sound, are my own personal views. Not those of my employer, its staff or colleagues.
  • tankgirl1tankgirl1 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    i think i am on LAO- would i be able to use prefixes to enable me to call national numbers??? ie would they over ride the LAO as they are not at bt's expense???
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
  • clark1982clark1982 Forumite
    245 Posts
    tankgirl1 wrote:
    i think i am on LAO- would i be able to use prefixes to enable me to call national numbers??? ie would they over ride the LAO as they are not at bt's expense???

yes you can, as long as a prefix is used.
    The views expressed on this website, be they in text, pictures or sound, are my own personal views. Not those of my employer, its staff or colleagues.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides