We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone got a small handheld portable digital tv?

Options
Hi

Thinking of getting one of these for holiday/travel use:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=264563

Has anyone got one or anything like it to know if they are any good or what the signal is like?

The area we stay in had a lack of mobile signal - the digital tv signal was fine but my netbook dongle would not work there so wondering if Id have the same problem there with one of these mini tvs?

If I did get one anyone know what you need to buy to link them to a main tv to boost the signal - Im guessing a long lead would be needed to run it?

Not very technical me!

Il have a look next time Im by a Maplins but any comments/feedback would be great thanks:D
Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I used to have one and they are very hard work to watch. Any sport with a ball isimpossible to keep up with.

Dont know about the other technicalities.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • barrymung
    Options
    Have posted a link on the other thread to one under £65 delivered.
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks - Il have a look.

Id not be watching sports mainy soaps/news but will look in the store see what I think of the picture quality there.

If there was a decent internet signal Id use the catch up/iplayer but never seem to get a good enough signal off the pay as you go dongle.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • Kurtis_Blue
    Kurtis_Blue Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    alisont wrote: »

If I did get one anyone know what you need to buy to link them to a main tv to boost the signal - Im guessing a long lead would be needed to run it?

The aerials it comes with looks garbage for UHF signals so, signal strength will need to be good if you are not in a switch-overd area yet.

This adapter:
    MCX to CoAx will allow you to run your home aerial fly lead to it or to plug in a directional portable UHF aerial.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure