reclaiming mortgage arrears fees HELP PLEASE

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
3 replies 1.3K views
gazwebgazweb Forumite
22 Posts
hi all
i would be very grateful for any advice that anybody can give me.

on reading the news post in jan i am looking for any advice on how i start to try and reclaim the charges that i have had in the past.

i had a mortgage fom GMAC ltd from 2/5/2003 to 16/7/2004

i had a mortgage from KENSINGTON from 15/7/2004 to 27/9/2005

and now have a mortgage with PLATFORM 26/9/2005 to present

i also had a commercial mortgage with commerial first from 7/5/2004

i have had many arrears charges are all the mortgages in the past, also solicitor charges, court costs, unpaid dd's etc

could anyone let me know what i can claim for, and how is the best way about going about it.
is there any letters that i could use ?

any advice given would be great thanks :T

Replies

• gazweb wrote: »
    hi all
    i would be very grateful for any advice that anybody can give me.

on reading the news post in jan i am looking for any advice on how i start to try and reclaim the charges that i have had in the past.

i had a mortgage fom GMAC ltd from 2/5/2003 to 16/7/2004

i had a mortgage from KENSINGTON from 15/7/2004 to 27/9/2005

and now have a mortgage with PLATFORM 26/9/2005 to present

i also had a commercial mortgage with commerial first from 7/5/2004

i have had many arrears charges are all the mortgages in the past, also solicitor charges, court costs, unpaid dd's etc

could anyone let me know what i can claim for, and how is the best way about going about it.
    is there any letters that i could use ?

any advice given would be great thanks :T

Hello Gazweb,
    I would start by writing to all of your previous mortgage lenders, and request that they send you a Subject Access request. Just Explain that you want a ful and comprehensive list of all charges, etc applied to each of your accounts. I wouldn't start upsetting your current mortgage lender though, so I wouldn't contact them at the moment. You might have to pay £10 for the data request and it can take up to 40 days. Then come back on here and hopefully there might be a MSE guide! Best of Luck!
  • WorryWorry Forumite
    36 Posts
    Sorry to crash the post... wanted a bit of advice and not very good on these forum sites, my partner has a mortgage with northern rock, he went from being employed to sickness and now hes looking at going self employed, due to the recent work changes he hasnt been able to make full payments so hes now on a reduced agreed payment scheme thing which hes been told he MUST keep to. just with you saying gazweb shouldnt upset the current mortage lender, do you think it would be a bad time and bad idea to request the list of charges etc from his current lender too?? Thankyou.
  • gpaul49gpaul49 Forumite
    92 Posts
    i note your decision to decline the offer we have put forward in respect of fees should you pursue legal action you need to inform fos 020 7093 5500
    to pursue your complaint
    it is our policy to defend cases that go to court
    i would like to point out that the payment of £566 .69 was not an offer but is your entitlement arising from the FSA to redress scheme in respect of those fees that deemed unfair complaint associate gmac frc .co.uk

my fees go back to 2001 to 2008 arrears charges taken to court for arrears which were at £2000 pounds at one point

dd 15 fee as bank no bank account and £50 pounds a month arrears fees
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Virgin Media & O2 launch Volt

Aims to boost mobile data & broadband speeds

MSE News

Cheap pet insurance

Top comparisons & hot deals

MSE Guides