New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Economy 10

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
1 reply 1K views
BarGinBarGin Forumite
849 posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
I live in an all-electric flat on an Economy 10 tariff. It was originally with Eastern Electricity, then txu-engergi and now Powergen.

The tariff consists of 3 prices each with their own separate meter reading: Standard, Storage Heating and Off Peak (or words to that effect)
02.00 - 07.30 - Storage Heating & Off Peak
13.30 - 16.00 - Storage Heating & Standard
22.00 - 24.00 - Storage Heating & Standard
All other times standard only.

My query is, none of the price comparison websites have the option of Economy 10 so does anyone know of any other companies offering this tariff from whom I could get an alternative quote?

If I opted for Economy 7 from another company how would they sort out the metering?

BarGin

Replies

• Hi There
      Most Companys will not quote eco 10 over the internet. you will have to ring up each supplyer to get the prices. if i was you i would not get an eco 7 meter as you will have to change the meter and you will also lose the boost in the day. I have prices for Atlantic Elec + Gas which are

Non D/D

S/C of 15.00 per day
    Day Rate of 6.13 p kwh
    Night Rate of 3.35 p kwh
    Heater Rate of 3.28 p kwh

If You pay By D/D

S/c per day of 14.00 per day
    Day Rate of 6.00 per kwh
    Night Rate of 3.00 per kwh
    Heater rate of 3.00 per kwh

Prices are Exc Vat

I think these are right but i would need to check your mpan to make sure. if you want more info please give one of the sales team a call on 02920263821

Regards
    Ross
    Filiss
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support