amazon postage rant!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
3 replies 589 views
executiverockerexecutiverocker Forumite
539 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I ordered two items, an xbox360 core and a game from amazon online. As i ordered i realised i still had my old address in the details. I managed to change the address of thedeliverys but then it changed my xbox360 back to my old address in chester.

As this was at 8pm i couldnt get hold of anyone till the following day. I emailed their CS, and was told all items would be delivered to my Preston address.

Yesterday i had a dispatch email saying yes both items are being delivered to here.

Now today ive only had the game, and ive checked the online tracking and it says
" Your item with reference S**********GB was delivered from our CHESTER Delivery Office on 30/06/06 .

Thank you for using this service.

We can confirm that this item was delivered before the guaranteed time.

Electronic Proof of Delivery is not available for your item. Please note that it may take up to 72 hours from delivery to become available."

So it went to chester!! It even indicicates its been signed for??

So i had two emails confirming it would actually come to my preston address it didnt! Im really not happy, I have emailed them (as their phone service is god damn poor too) saying i want a partial refund of the postage and compensation as now it looks like im going to have to travel back to chester to go to the sorting office or possibly my old address to get my XBOX360!! grrrrrr :mad:

Replies

• IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    21.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can expect them to deliver it to the correct address however we want things as quick as possible which will leave no time to correct mistakes. Its unfortunate but not something to get mega annoyed about. I would have thought that it was up to Amazon to recover the mis-addressed item and simply send you another item out .. this does not require any kind of compensation though

Ivan
    Ivan has left the building ... but reserves the right of reply!
    Use PM to keep in touch
  • They should allow you more than 2 minutes to correct information on the order. Anyway i got £4.50 postage back and a £5 voucher, so i guess ill have to be happy with that
  • IvanOpinionIvanOpinion Forumite
    21.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should allow you more than 2 minutes to correct information on the order. Anyway i got £4.50 postage back and a £5 voucher, so i guess ill have to be happy with that
    Is postage not free with Amazon on orders over £20 (ish) ?

Ivan
    Ivan has left the building ... but reserves the right of reply!
    Use PM to keep in touch
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals