Paypal Dispute

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
18 replies 1.2K views
So_MentalSo_Mental Forumite
168 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
I have a dispute with a seller over a part refund for something I bought and they've been ignoring me so I opened a paypal dispute and they've now emailed twice within 5 minutes asking me to close it so they can issue the part refund as their account is blocked. Thing is I don't trust them so would it be safe if I closed the dispute and they then didn't refund me would I be able to reopen it?

Replies

• cyberbobcyberbob Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Don't close the dispute they can still refund if you close it you will not be able to open another one. Even if paypal is holding there funds due to the dispute they can still refund the money back to you
  • So_MentalSo_Mental Forumite
    168 Posts
    I thought so, thanks for the quick reply.
  • If there account is blocked they can still accept and refund money, however they cannot withdraw money. Don't close the dispute.

Chris
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also now treat the seller with a great deal of suspicion> Any seller that lied to try and get me to close a dispute has shown what they are really like, so be careful with how you proceed .
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    168 Posts
    soolin wrote: »
    I would also now treat the seller with a great deal of suspicion> Any seller that lied to try and get me to close a dispute has shown what they are really like, so be careful with how you proceed .

I already do, one of the messages they sent was from a private email address not through ebay and it wasn't their name, they have an english female name and the address was a foreign male name. They haven't responded to the dispute either although they've obviously read it but I don't expect they will until just before the 10 days or whatever are nearly up.
    168 Posts
    This keeps getting better, they've now messaged me saying they can't refund through paypal so can I give them my bank account and sort number!!!
  • milliemonstermilliemonster Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then politely refuse their request and explain to them that paypal will ensure the refund takes place without any further action on their part anyway, stupid seller!
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
    168 Posts
    I finally got my refund on the second, through paypal. Left the seller a neg and they've responded by leaving feedback calling me a c * n t which I've had removed and 4 emails, 2 through ebay and 2 through a separate hotmail account all calling me a c * n t.
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So_Mental wrote: »
    I finally got my refund on the second, through paypal. Left the seller a neg and they've responded by leaving feedback calling me a c * n t which I've had removed and 4 emails, 2 through ebay and 2 through a separate hotmail account all calling me a c * n t.

I think that rather proves the theory I have that scammy sellers are often 'very' stupid when backed into a corner. All that huff and puff and still they lose.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    168 Posts
    They do seem stupid, after leaving me the abusive feedback they asked me to withdraw my neg from them!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals