British Credit Trust - Agreement

Hi All,

I hope somebody can help me on this, and i apologise for the long winded post.

I purchased a car from Renault for £11,133 (cash price) in May 2005, i was told I had to use British Credit Trust, due to so much negative equity in the vehicle i was exchanging, funny enough it was a renault.

I had to take out 2 loans with them? because the maximum they would lend at the time was £10k (i found this hard to beleive at the time, but i continued). so i had a balance payable of £15450 (including all the charges etc)meaning a monthly payment of £259 per month for 60 months. I also had to take a loan out for £1,260 with them with a monthly payment of £21 per month for 60 months.

My payments were also increased by them adding £30.24 for Credit Protection Insurance per month, making the payments to £289 per month.

Its always bugged me so much, as i never felt happy with it. Luckily i purchased a car from Mercedes in 2006 and got rid of the whole thing.

What im unsure of is that is it strange to have 2 agreements? i asked for a settlement figure and was told in February 2006 £15419.72 was the balance outstanding at todays date and £9,306.66 was the settlement figure, assuming last payment of £289 was received (this included £30.24 credit protection insurance), strange after looking at it just now! when the amount payable originally was £15450, also why would a settlement figure include insurance?

Likewise for the second loan amount payable originally was £1260, and February 2006 the balance outstanding at todays date was £1,092 and the settlement figure being £750.61

One more thing, when i agreed to the finance they faxed an agreement to me at work and i had to sign it and fax it back, just thinking now, should they have an original copy of my signature, along with a proper agreement, rarther than faxed copies.

Please help, ive no idea now if this agreement was really enforceable, and if the Credit Protection Insurance that was never discussed with me. I only have a faxed copy of the main loan and not of the other, they will not supply a further copy due to the fact that it has been fully executed.

Kind Regards

Emma
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family