Forum Home » Energy

Arrgghh N-Power - Get to say no to 0870

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Arrgghh N-Power - Get to say no to 0870

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
1 reply 2.9K views
BenLBenL Forumite
3.2K posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
I've recently switched Gas & Electric from Npower to Powergen.

The final bills had come through and I had been refunded the money for the Electricity that we had overpaid.

The Gas had not been sent, I've just been on hold for 15/20 mins waiting for an adviser on the 08459 number.

Then remembered about saynoto0870.com and put the Npower details in even though it wasn't an 0870 number and a 0800 came up.

Rang 0800 3892388, 30 seconds later an adviser is getting the cheque raised and sent.

Wish I'd though of that 1st.

oh well, £85 on its way back. The silly thing is that if N Power hadn't been overcharging all the time we'd probably not have moved supplier.

Ben
I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
& Choo Choo for trains!!

Replies

• Mr_B_13Mr_B_13 Forumite
    126 posts
    I switched from NPower to Powergen - final bills came through (meant I still owed £70 approx) - I promptly phoned customer services and asked how I should pay - she said that they would take it in the direct debit.

Two weeks ago, I received a curtly worded letter saying that I had not paid and had a debt. I sent a cheque last week and a strongly worded letter. I received a final demand today with a threat that they are going to pass to their debt collection agency. I am >:( not happy to say the least - this is due to their incompetence.

Will be phoning your free number!

Mr B
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support