Home Insurance with lodgers

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
1 reply 1.7K views
BarsiemBarsiem Forumite
13 Posts
Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi all,

I've recently started renting out the spare rooms of my house. At the moment I have just the one tenant but will be getting at least one more in the coming months.

I am however having problems getting contents insurance for my home now I am renting out rooms. Most insurers are fine with one tenant, but will not accept 2+. Does anyone know of any insurers who specialise, or at least accept more paying tenants?? Or anyother way around this kind of problem?



  • AstarothAstaroth Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    As soon as you get into the tenant world you are technically getting into the world of commercial insurance (same as people who have buy to let properties). A broker should be able to help you, alternatively go into a letting agents and they almost always have leaflets on insurance for landlords.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides