Nectar Card Points Loophole

edited 30 October 2009 at 9:01PM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
5 replies 2.5K views
mhayward8mhayward8 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 October 2009 at 9:01PM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
This is to highlight a problem I have experianced with the Nectar Online Scheme. Has anybody else experianced the same?

The issue came to light as a result of when online purchase I made did not give me the points as explained on the nectar site.

On 8-8-09 for £247.51 I should have recieved 495 nectar points.(using Pixmania an affiliate through the nectar online scheme).
Also 2 subsiquent Amazon purchases on 18/09/09 (£54.99=54points) and 05/10/09 (£74.99=74 points)

I called Nectar and spoke to 3 people today, Shaun Delanny being the final person. The call lasted over 30 minutes and just took me round in circles. The call has cost me more than the points were worth!

The problem is that The Nectar site does not clearly explain at the point of use that points will only be awarded if your computer settings are set to a specific way that creates a highlighted marker for Nectar. The problem appears to have been when I used a different computer than my own to make this purchase.

Nectar hide behind a paragraph in the Legal section about cookies that took some hunting about.

Shaun explained that the system falls over and leaves them with no option in being able to help the customer.I am now absolutley clear on how the systems works. What does not happen is any error messages appearing if you are on a computer that is not compatable with the Nectar system.

So many people have security measures on there computers and thousands of people must be loosing Nectar points in this underhanded loophole. I am appaulled at the lack of understanding showed when complaining and the lack of ability that front line staff have in being able to put these wrongs right.

Mark Hayward

Replies

• I've had a problem getting nectar points with ebay, I've been buying on ebay through the nectar site since August and not got any points, they said they could only investigate if I listed each transaction with about 20 details for each including delivery day etc I couldn't be bothered for the few pence it would get me in points but at least this might explain why I haven't got them.
    Thanks
    "Normal is not something to aspire to - it is something to get away from" - Jodie Foster
  • JAGJAG Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Nectar just like using Quidco and TopCashBack?

You need to clear cookies etc before using the Nectar website, or else the tracking cookies will not be credited to Nectar if you have previously visited the stores via other third party affiliates.
  • TrixxieTrixxie Forumite
    297 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I've had a problem getting nectar points with ebay, I've been buying on ebay through the nectar site since August and not got any points, they said they could only investigate if I listed each transaction with about 20 details for each including delivery day etc I couldn't be bothered for the few pence it would get me in points but at least this might explain why I haven't got them.
    Thanks

I always use Quidco for ebay purchases and have had 100% tracking/payment success.

HTH
    Trixxie
  • sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Trixxie wrote: »
    I always use Quidco for ebay purchases and have had 100% tracking/payment success.

HTH
    Trixxie
    me too..........................
    SIMPLES!
  • Me three..

My only untracked Quidco, was when logging in, getting side tracked for about 1 hour, then making a purchase without making sure i was still logged on. I set-up a ticket, and Quidco sorted it.
    Current Profit - £Lots:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals