We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Spin Dryer - Please Weigh One

Options
2»

Comments

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 27 October 2009 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Came across this link in google but can't see anything in the article but it states in the header that the dryer weighs around 22lbs in weight, so around 10kgs, 2.2lbs to a kg, so 100kgs is crazy.

The spin dryer spins at over 3000 RPM (about 3 times that of your washer's spin ... 3200 rpm spin speed. Additional Features, Portable, only weighs 22 lbs ... You can't fit a full load of laundry into it (unless it's a small load, ...
    www.ecohuddle.com/.../the-laundry-alternative-inc-centrifugal-spin-dryer -

A large sack of potatoes weighs in at 25kgs and I could just about manage to lift that, so a spin dryer weighs a lot less than that.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]i found this on a usa website.

Spindryer Size: 13.5 X 25 inches high.
    [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Weight: 25 lbs. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Shipping Carton: 17” X 17” X 27” [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Capacity: 10 lbs. wet load [/FONT]
    Get some gorm.
  • Mistymaid
    Mistymaid Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    This is getting really annoying. Apparently the two best (Lightest) machines are both in the US ...

There is a plastic one on Amazon but apparently the drain is about three inches from the floor which makes emptying it a bit tricky.

Like that website you linked to, Smiley Mum!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure