Spin Dryer - Please Weigh One

Options
Helloooo,

I know this sounds stupid, but has anybody out there got a spin dryer (not a tumble dryer) they would be willing to stand on some scales with?

I keep trying to buy one off eBay but live in the islands and a courier is too expensive so it has to go RM Parcels. Just emailed somebody about one and he says it weighs in at 100kg ??!!
Since these things are meant to be portable I think he might be a tad out but I can't seem to reply to him on the eBay system.
If anybody could weigh one I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I dont know anything about spin dryers but seeing as washing machines have a large weight in them to give stability, it wouldn't surprise me if a spin dryer has the same.
  • Mistymaid
    Mistymaid Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    I'm presuming they have too, but not as big as a washer. Besides, spinners are meant to be portable - 100kg weighs in at twice as much as I do!!!!
  • Slinky_Malinky
    Options
    I just searched spin dryer on Amazon and it says the boxed weight is 20kg. I shouldn`t think they vary that much between brands/models.
  • Mistymaid
    Options
    I've searched all over the net looking for weights of brand new ones and not found anything ... guess I'd better pop over to Amazon ...

Thanks!
  • The_Pedant
    Options
    I just did a search on google, including the words 'specifications' and 'dryer' (I was hoping to find the manufacturers technical specifications pages).
    These turn up results showing weights as high as 35kg for the condensing dryers.
  • rosekitten
    rosekitten Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    Options
    its a hsame because I have had one for
    years and recently passed it on,but
    no way did it weigh 100kg mine was a
    Creda I would have said 20kg to 25kg max
    I have had to pick it up on occassion and
    no way could I have lifted it if it weighed
    that much.
    :j:j:j
  • Mistymaid
    Options
    I think we've got to be looking at the 20-25kg region.
    Mind you it still leaves me with a borderline problem. Anything under 20kg can travel via RM Parcels and costs about £15 - anything over has to go by courier and costs about £100.
    Problems, problems, problems ...
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

eh, is this a special dryer, just thinking that as you live in the islands could you not find one a wee bit nearer, try a wanted ad in your local paper.
  • Mistymaid
    Options
    When I saw your user name I knew what you were going to say ...

I've put one on the local forum and on freecycle but no joy as yet. I think it costs £25 to put one in the local paper so am delaying that one for a wee while yet.
  • frugalmacdugal
    Options
    Hi,

ah, you see, my local paper has a freebies page, free to sell an item under £200, and free to put in a wanted.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport