greenfly epidemic, no.......!!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
2 replies 3K views
singlehouseholdersinglehouseholder Forumite
1.1K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
Help, my poor roses are being invaded by blinkin greenfly. What can I use to get rid off, I dont want to use any pesticides, 'cos of my little dog. The rose buds are literally covered with g.fly- any pet freindly way of disposing with them??
RIP Floyd - 19/04/09. I know i'll see you again my best friend forever.

19/06/2013 T12 incomplete Paraplegia, down but not out.

Replies

• BeclesBecles Forumite
    13.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spray them with washing up liquid diluted in a spray bottle.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • listerlister Forumite
    239 Posts
    ✭✭
    Help, my poor roses are being invaded by blinkin greenfly. What can I use to get rid off, I dont want to use any pesticides, 'cos of my little dog. The rose buds are literally covered with g.fly- any pet freindly way of disposing with them??

You can try spraying them off with dilute detergent as suggested, but I have never found it especially effective. I normally just wipe the worst off with my fingers every few days. If you have a chemical free garden with plenty of plants, you should soon find the predators moving in (it usually takes about 2-3 weeks in my garden, and then the aphids just disappear from whatever plant they are currently infesting, often to be replaced by dozens of ladybird larvae).

To be honest, roses are one of the toughest plants around and will usually keep on growing through even the worst aphid attacks. It may not look nice to you, but the plant normally copes.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals