Advice needed about castors and weight

Options
Hi, we have an electrical meter in our hallway which is in the way. I want a wardrobe in the hallway, right next to where the meter is. However, we obviously still want access to the meter, so oH suggested putting wheels on a wardrobe that we buy.

Whilst I dont really like the idea of a lovely looking wardrobe with ugly wheels on it, it seems like the only solution.

How do I know what size castors will support the weight of a wardrobe, with coats, hoover and shoes inside?

thanks

Comments

• gmgmgm
    gmgmgm Posts: 511 Forumite
    Options
    Can you put a hole in the back of the wardrobe and stick it over the meter??
  • Kiran
    Kiran Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Castors are sold with a weight limit on them. Just divide the weight by the number of castors you intend on using. Providing the number you come up with is less that the maximum load the cator can take you'll be ok :D

HTH
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • puddy
    puddy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    Options
    thanks, ive thought of countless ways to deal with this meter thing, we even had a site survey to see how much it would cost to move it but we are looking at about 2k all in.

the wardrobe would be at the side of the meter, i did think about cutting a hole in the side of a wardrobe but i dont think it would work, theres lots of electrics there, not just the meter, wires etc, really ugly too
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    p1369419_l.jpg

a typical shepherd castor will take 50kg.
    Get some gorm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport