Cheaper package holidays?

Options
Hiya

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, feel free to point me in the right direction :o

Ok, I am trying to plan a holiday for me, my OH, my son who will be 3 & my as yet unborn 2nd baby. As you can see from my signiture, my DFD is December this year, and I'm hoing to travel in April. I've had a look on the first choice website and I've seen where I want to go and I just wanted to know if anyone knew any tricks as to how to get it cheaper?

It's the family village thing in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, leaving 26th April for a week. It comes in at £1252.72, which we will easily be able to afford once we don't have all the debts, but if we can make a saving, that would be better.

Are we more likely to get a better deal if we go to a high street travel agent, or will the internet price be the best one?

Thanks, Nicola

Comments

• budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Choose flight+hotel tailor made option with travel republic and those dates from London for 2 adults +child +infant at 4* Aparthotel Rubimar on Half Board in 2 bed apt come in at £826 TOTAL
    Youll need to sort out transfers but still a massive saving

EDIT
    Just realised Holiday village is AI. Thats a very good price!
  • rlc22
    rlc22 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

The Holiday Village is only offered by First Choice and it's direct sell sister company Eclipse Direct.

Eclipse typically works out cheaper than FC so go to http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk and see what they're offering there. Not sure where you're flying from but 1 week All Inclusive from Gatwick is coming in at £1019 (compared to £1105 on the FC website).

You should find the cheapest prices on one of those 2 sites, I think your local FC travel agent would price match the web, but not necessarily beat it.

Rach
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport