Lego required

I want to get my 4 year old some lego, not necessarily any of the sets, just some bricks / windows / doors and base plate - has anyone noticed though how expensive lego is nowadays.

Comments

• pir
    pir Posts: 152 Forumite
    Totally agree, lego is very expensive especially the sets. You can buy big boxes of generic blocks from memory. I think your best bet would be a big lot of second hand blocks, check out ebay or car boots. Or ask if any friends that have older children if they have outgrown their lego and maybe want to make some quick cash by selling it to you.

Good luck
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I agree go with second hand as a starter then this can be added to over the years. My boys are now daddys and I still hang on to theirs for when the children grow a little, best toy investment we made.
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • yes it is very expensive, you could try eby i know i have seen the odd bits instead of the complete sets, or best thing is carboots.
    mum to two beautiful children:T
  • buzzyy
    buzzyy Posts: 291 Forumite
    i seen loads for sale at the boot sales,well cheap and by the box,keep going to them sure you get a good deal when you haggle a bit
    buzzyy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport