IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine pay or appeal

Got a parking ticket in a council car park, for parking on the lines of the space that I was parked in, I parked like that because the car next to me was also near the line of there space and need to leave room for my passanger & the driver of the other car to get in & out, without damage to either car.
they was a row of parent & child with a boxed of section, next to each, I parked after the last p & c space on the line of my parking space, not on the box section.I did not obstruct anyone else from parking in any space.
do I have the right to appeal.
Got photos on my mobile & kept my paking ticket.
thanks

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Parent & child spaces in a Council car park are a bit unusual I think? I wonder if it was a Council acting as a PPC which I have read sometimes happens. What was the contravention on the PCN?

For best advice here, you'll need to post up your pics (lines/signs, and both sides of the PCN with the PCN number & car details blanked out). Host the pics on tinypic.

Then people can have a look and advise you.

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    On the lines or over the lines and into the next bay ?
    Which council ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport