Holiday in Abu Dhabi

Options
Could anybody recommend a good place to start looking for a holiday in Abu Dhabi?

Myself, my partner and two children, one under 12, are looking for a two week stay in the last two weeks in August.

We have stayed in Dubai before but wanted to try Abu Dhabi.

An ideal would be a flight and hotel package with the hotel to include breakfast, the remaining meals would be fairly cheap to get out and about.

We have got a few quotes but I was just wondering if anybody had any recomendations or suggestions before we book.

Many thanks in advance.

Martin
Been there, done that, now I want to do it cheaper!!

Comments

• Moose_2
    Moose_2 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    If it comes up, DO NOT stay in the Golden Tulip, Al Jazira...hell hole of a place.

I have been told that the Beach Rotana is really good and the Hilton is great but as for prices, sorry not much help there as Hubby is BA staff so we use special travel agents.

HTH

H
    :p Im not much good at saving money but Im a good cook
  • alanrp123
    alanrp123 Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    I lived there for 17 years and would recommend it to anybody, I am returning at the end of August for another 4 week holiday.
    If you are looking for a reasonable priced hotel, try The Al Ain Palace hotel, this is the oldest hotel in Abu Dhabi, right on the Corniche Road.
    It has been updated quite a few times and has the best and most popular bar in Abu Dhabi.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure