🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Where's the hottest place 20th May (shorthaul)

Options
Hi peeps

Just a quick question. I want to take my daughter who's just gone into remission from cancer on a relaxing holiday. Now she's not good on her legs so we really just want to veg out by the pool in the sunshine.

So where is going to be the hottest place to go for a week on the 20th May?

I'm thinking Tunisia, what do you good folks think?

Thanks

Leonie

Comments

• fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sure you could find plentyn of hot places, what's your budget? I can recommend Barcelona and Lisbon.
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • Mancboy1_2
    Mancboy1_2 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Try Cyprus mate, i went in feb/march, (Paphos) and unfortunately got burnt on my first day there, so what it'll be like now god knows:D
  • leonie_2
    leonie_2 Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Unfortunately I dont think Barcelona or Lisbon are gonna be hot enough just yet, I mean yes they may be but theres less of a guarentee and I cant take the risk as if it rains or is cloudy its gonna be pretty rubbishy sat by a pool.

I just did a check for Cyprus and thats showing sunny and 27 for this week :j (I love that in a holiday destination!)

PS I'm sorry that you got burned, but on the plus side, it didnt rain! :D
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Which airports do you want to fly from? Do u want separate rooms?

The forecast for Catania in Sicily is good http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0219
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • leonie_2
    Options
    Ok I need to fly from EMA or BHX. And its got to be a shorthaul as she couldnt manage a longer flight than about four hours.

It has to be as hot as possible, ie Majorca is a bit hit and miss in May but Tunisia is likely to be hot.

I know I want a lot, but she isnt mobile enough to go walking about if the weather isnt so great.

Oh and there are two adults for one room and two adults plus a fourteen year old in another room....... and it must be all inclusive! :D
  • skr80
    skr80 Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Perhaps the canaries - always usually constantly warm / hot there (70+)
    :j
  • edna_clouds
    edna_clouds Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    How about this holiday in Crete on the 16th. It's very cheap and usually very warm this time of year. I have stayed at these apartments and they are of very high standards.This price is in the late deals section.

www.directholidays.co.uk

Total £312.00

ADULT BASIC PRICE
    £158.00
    FUEL CHARGE MH
    £80.00
    FLIGHT MEAL
    £20.00
    RETURN TRANSFER
    £30.00
    TICKET ON DEPARTURE CHARGE
    £24.00

Your quote
    £312.00

Amount due today
    £312.00

Your Summary t.ukdh_crgsc01.eps.jpg dh_lateslogo.gif San Constantin apts,
    Gouves, Crete Operator: Direct Holidays Hotel rating: 4 Star Board type: Self Catering Room type: 1 x STUDIO (4) Arrival: 16-May-2006 Departure: 23-May-2006 Mytravel Airways Outbound
    Departing: 18:10 on 16-May-2006 From: Birmingham To: Crete - Heraklion Arriving: 00:10 on 17-May-2006 Return
    Departing: 01:10 on 24-May-2006 From: Crete - Heraklion To: Birmingham Arriving: 03:30 on 24-May-2006 Passengers
    Adults: 2 Extras
    Flight Meal £20.00 Return Transfer £30.00
    sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue!

• edna_clouds
    edna_clouds Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Sorry. I didn't see the all inclusive bit.:embarasse
    sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue!

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd suggest Almeria, Costa Del Sol, Estepona, Costa De la Luz, Malta as considerations.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • leonie_2
    Options
    Thank you everyone, its much appreciated. (sorry the thanks button is awol again)

It looks like most places are going to be suitable for sunbathing by the time we want to go. The other year we went to gran canaria for easter and it was scorching, yet i've been in September and had cloud.

I know that no where is guarenteed sunshine, but lets just hope that we get lucky. I'm off to the travel agents in the morning to see what they can offer me... but i'll come home and check if I can do better first in true MSE style!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 1 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport