New kick boards for under kitchen units.

Options
After having plumbers, floor fitters, builders etc we appear to have our kick boards gradually wrecked. they are ok at first glance but at the edges they are chipped and tend to move when we mop where they have just pushed them back grr. It is a fairly new kitchen so i'm not best pleased and wondered how much they are? do they come as standard size or do we cut them?..also can you get aluminium/metal type ones that may last longer?
Thanks

Comments

• daphne_descends
    Options
    We just put in new plinths in our kitchen and I think we paid £25 for each 3 metre length, we had to cut to size but they are a standard height, only just got ours wedged in :o you can get clips to attach them to the cupboard legs (:whistle:)

Not sure on aluminium etc, if your kitchen is new I'd go to wherever you got it from, or look in B&Q etc.

Sorry for novice answer :o
  • gabyjane
    gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    Options
    Hi thanks for that quick reply!
    Looking at them the fronts appear ok its the bits that are facing that go down the sides so they are the beech colour (actually it is pearwood) they are from Howdens and being trade i am not sure where else stocks this colour as have not been able to find it, that's why i had the idea of the metal across the front and held somehow then we could leave the side bits and fit across...i'm not very good at explaining! hope someone understands!
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport